The Churchland High School Band Boosters (CHSBB) would like to welcome all freshman and returning upper classmen to the Marching Trucker Band Season. We invite you to catch the excitement as we begin preparing during band camp in August. All students and parents should read and become familiar with the Marching Trucker Band Handbook located in the band room.
Important Dates and Announcements
PhysicalYou must have VHSL Physical form completed. Physicals required for participation. Form is available at the school.
Certain Materials will be needed by each and every member of the CHS Marching Band. These materials are crucial to making every rehearsal run as smooth as possible:
- COMFORTABLE SHOES AND LIGHT WEIGHT CLOTHING: A majority of the time will be spent outside, please avoid dark clothing. No jeans, flip-flops, sandals, etc.
- BUG SPRAY: Mosquitoes are heavy this time of year.
- WATER: a must! - Breaks are allowed on a regular basis for rest and rehydration. Please keep in mind that water can hydrate the body three times faster than Gatorade. Gatorade is a great idea prior to band camp and afterwards.
- HAT, SUNGLASSES, AND SUNSCREEN: sunscreen with 30+ is recommended
- LUNCH: A hearty lunch with lots of carbohydrates (for energy)
- INSTRUMENTS (Reeds, drum line or pit need mallets or sticks, etc.)
- FOLDER, FlIP NOTEBOOK, PENCILS: Used for holding music and making changes to music and plots.
- POSITIVE ATTITUDE: that is Ready to WORK and have FUN! THE MARCHING TRUCKERS WORK HARD AND PLAY HARD
- MONEY: Vending machines are available.
Please notify the band director about any illnesses and/or medications you may have.
Dress for physical training.
We will be outside in the sun, so bring whatever items you may need to accommodate.
Please DO NOT wear jewelry of any kind.
Please DO NOT bring any expensive or very personal items (CHS Band Boosters/Band Director is not responsible for personal items).
Because we are a competitive ensemble, we pay most of our own expenses. The school provides us with limited resources. We must raise funds for ourselves.
This is done through band dues and fundraisers.
Marching shoes are required.
Gloves are also required.