Churchland High School Band Boosters
Notice: Band dues pay for instruction, transportation, equipment, color guard equipment and materials, uniform cleaning and maintenance, registration fees and other expenses that keep the marching band program running through the season.
Marching Band is considered an extracurricular activity and receives NO FINANCIAL SUPPORT from the city. We rely on dues, fundraisers, and money earned from concessions to support the program.
P.O. BOX 5246
Portsmouth, VA 23703-1246
***NO VOLUNTEERING TO REDUCE YOUR DUES***
Volunteers are needed in the following areas:
- Concessions at home football games. We are looking for volunteers to help out in the concession stand in fall. Please contact OPEN (phone - ) so that he can leave your name at the gate.
- PIT CREW (Assist band members moving equipment on and off of the competition field. Obtain, load, and drive rental trucks for transporting large equipment to band events)
- CHAPERONES (Ride buses and accompany students; provide adult leadership and supervision during various competitions, football games, both home and away)
- COLOR GUARD COORDINATOR (Manager color guard uniforms; issue and collect uniforms for events; coordinate cleaning, repairs and alterations; assist with flags for practice/performance, if required)
- UNIFORM COORDINATOR (Manage marching band uniforms; issue and collect uniforms for events; coordinate cleaning, repairs and alterations)
- EVENT COORDINATOR (Assist Band Director and Booster Board in coordinating various events, competitions, etc)
- TELEPHONE TREE (Coordinate communication among parents concerning meetings and/or band activities)
- WAYS AND MEANS (Plan and coordinate fundraising activities)
- HOSPITALITY (Coordinate provisions for refreshments at events, i.e., games, parades, after concerts, when hosting events at CHS)
... and many other areas.